Thursday, June 3, 2010

ABC's I Love

I stole this idea from Laura over at Where is the Lolo. I thought it was a cute idea and I'm kind of bored today so here it goes...

Auditing. Yes, I know, I'm a dork. This is what I do for a living and I actually enjoy it very much.

Baking. This is a new thing for me, but I'm catching on. I'm learning from an awesome baker that I happen to be blessed enough to work with. I love making cookies, cupcakes, cakes, and brownies. I try not to do it often though because I will seriously eat everything I cook. I have a massive sweet tooth.

Camping. This is something Justin and I do together pretty frequently and we both love it so much. Getting away from all technology to enjoy nature for a couple of days is a necessity for us.

Dan Brown books. I loved The Da Vinci Code, Angels & Demons, and Lost Symbol. These books actually sparked an interest in history for me since I started reading them. Dan Brown is very accurate when he talks about places and the history behind them. One day, whenever Justin and I do the 12 day Mediterranean cruise that goes to Rome, we're going to do the "shore excursion" where you take an "Angels & Demons" tour of the city. Justin may be bored out of his mind, but holy crap I'm gonna love every minute of it! I actually told Justin that whenever we have a kid, if it's a boy, I loved the name Langdon (Robert Langdon is the main character in all these books), but he quickly said no. He doesn't like that I read as much as I do and naming a child after anything I read is an absolute no no according to Justin.

Elephants. Roll Tide....enough said.

Flying. I love airplanes. Not as much as Justin does, he knows every type of aircraft, where and when flights in and out of each city are, the details of each kind of plane, etc. He's nuts. I just like flying because it means I'm about to take a trip! On our honeymoon I finally experienced what it's like to fly first class...definitely something I could get use to.

Giz. She's the best dog I've ever had and I love her so much. Her full name is Gizmo by the way. She is so smart it's almost scary. She knows exactly how to get what she wants and is sometimes rather sneaky about it!

Hiking. Anyone that knows my husband and I knows how much we love hiking. We have a goal of hiking to the highest point in each of the 50 states. You can see those blog posts by state on the sidebar of my blog to see how many I've completed.

I-pod. Technically I no longer have an I-pod, I have a Zune. However, it's the same exact thing (except on mine I can get the radio in addition to whatever songs I've downloaded). Couldn't live without it.

Justin. He's my husband, my other half, my soulmate. He can finish any sentence I start and I can't imagine life without him.

Keira Knightley. I love every movie she's ever been in. Probably because I love dated movies, i.e.Pride and Prejudice, Atonement, The Duchess, King Arthur, Pirates of the Caribbean, etc.

Lydia and Anderson, my niece and nephew. I mean, I can't put into words how much I love them. I couldn't love them more if they were my own kids. They light up my life so much. They are at such a fun age right now (Anderson, 4 and Lydia, 2) and I really don't want them to grow anymore!

Mexican food. I know how unhealthy it is, but cheese dip may be the best thing I've ever put in my mouth. It is impossible for me to go eat Mexican and NOT get cheese dip. It just doesn't happen.

New York City. It's my favorite city in the world and me traveling to places I've never been will never change that, promise. I almost moved there in June 2008, but God had other plans for me. She still has my heart though.

Oatmeal. I eat cinnamon roll flavored oatmeal for breakfast every morning. It's very good and incredibly healthy for you. Double whammy.

Pictures. If you're a regular to my blog, you know how much I love pictures. I hate having blog posts that don't have pictures. I'm that crazy picture taker that wants to make sure she captures every single moment so that I don't forget it in 50 years. Sue me.

Quotes. I love finding quotes that relate to a given situation I'm dealing with. They help inspire me, biblical or religious quotes in general are my faves. Quotes on life, love, and happiness are awesome and make frequent appearances to my facebook page.

Running. Justin and I love running races. We've run a ton of 5K's, a couple of 10K's and one 15K. Justin's run a half-marathon before and I'm training for one in November.

Smoky Mountain National Park. Justin and I started dating in April 2008, got engaged in January 2009, and married in July 2009. Since we started dating, we've been to the Smoky Mountains 4 times. We've already decided that whenever we have a vacation home later in life, it will be in Gatlinburg. It's a hiker's delight!

Traveling. Words can't describe how blessed I am that I've gotten to go to all the places I've been since dating Justin. We're so lucky because he travels so much for a living and builds up frequent flyer miles and hotel points that we just turn around and use to take trips all the time for such a low cost. Our next BIG trip is to Africa in December. See my "Africa" label on the right sidebar to see my posts related to that trip.

University of Alabama. My Alma Mater. I love all things UA...especially our 13 national championships!

Vampire Diaries. I LOVE this show. Some people say it's a knock off of Twilight, but actually, the Vampire Diaries books were written in the 90's, a full decade before Twilight. Though, I love both :) The Vampire Diaries show on the CW is my favorite show on TV right now. LOVE IT!

Working out. I work out all the time and if I go even 3 or 4 days without working out, I'll get slightly depressed. P90X is my new favorite workout. It gives such an intense workout and I never even have to leave my house!!

Xmas. Ok, I may have cheated on the lettering, but let's face is, what starts with X other than Xray and Xerox? I certainly don't love those! Christmas is my FAVORITE holiday of the entire year. In Birmingham, the week before Thanksgiving, 96.5 plays Christmas music all the way until New Years. It's awesome. Unfortunately for me, we'll be gone to Africa over Christmas this year. But that could be a good thing. What better way to celebrate Christmas than being in the process of hiking the tallest free standing mountain in the world, Kilimanjaro? And what better way to celebrate New Year's Eve than on a safari in the Serengeti? This Christmas season may be the best ever!

Yogurt Mountain. If you don't live in Alabama, you're missing out. There's only two locations of this fabulousness, Birmingham and Tuscaloosa. At YM, you can pick your yogurt (probably about 20 choices) and pick your toppings (about 50 choices). You pay based on how much your cup weighs. It's freaking excellent. Every time I go, I usually get peanut butter yogurt topped with chopped up Reese's cups, Twix bar, Crunch bar, hot fudge, and peanut butter and chocolate morsels. Yeah, I kinda like chocolate.

Zip-lining. I discovered zip-lining while on our honeymoon in Hawaii and it was the most awesome thing ever. I'm ready to go somewhere and do it again, but I'm afraid my expectations may be too high now. It's hard to beat zip-lining through the rainforest with Hawaiian beaches in the horizon.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

B. feel free to send any sweets my direction. I will consume them guiltlessly.

C. I want to go camping so badly. this made me jealous.

M. the best part about mexican food is the free chips and salsa they give you. it's like.. you can eat less food you have to pay for because of it.

O. YES. I LOVE OATMEAL.

P. word. i kind of hate reading blog posts that don't have pictures. it's almost like... i don't have to read the post when there are pictures, my lazy self!

Q. yessss. i am a quoter. i love quoting books i've never read, because.. it makes me feel like i've read them, my lazy self! ;)

<3 super cute idea. i might have to steal it ;)

Jenny Strickland said...

I am stealing this!!!

Oh and the face that you are an Alabama fan just made you my best friend!!!!

ROLL TIDE!!!!

Allison said...

If I can find the time, I'm gonna steal this idea too! You have such fun blog ideas!
I hope you have a great Friday and I'll see you and Justin at the wedding tomorrow night.

Samantha said...

Love it, stealing it. Thank you for answering the question "How will I spend my afternoon?".

Melis said...

I'm totally stealing this! :)

Laura Sue said...

i've been on vacation but I'm BACK!!! i love this post! i learned that we have a LOT in common!!!

Archive