Sunday, March 28, 2010

A Dog Is A Man's Best Friend

Meet our dog Gizmo. She just turned six years old in February and she's our little child. She may be one of the smartest dogs I've ever seen in my life. We have a doggy door in the living room under a window so that she can come in and out of the house as she pleases. This makes it VERY easy to have a dog. We don't have to leave somewhere early to let the dog outside to use the bathroom, she just goes whenever she wants.

Photobucket

Gizmo absolutely LOVES my bed in our spare bedroom, as evidenced by the picture above. This picture is my background on my phone. She is so stinkin adorabe :) Since I've been living at this house, she has learned that when she wakes up early in the morning to go use the bathroom, I have to let her out of the bedroom, since her doggy door is in the living room. She has figured out that since I'm already awake due to having to get up to let her out, I usually get up to go to the bathroom myself. Over time, she started trying to trick me. This morning, she got up to let me know she had to go outside, so I opened the door to let her out and she stuck her head out the doggy door to make some noise in order to make me think she was going outside. Anyway, I got up and went to the bathroom and when I came back she was laying on both of my pillows on my side of the bed. She does this all the time. She knows that if she makes just enough noise by the doggy door, I'll think she's gone outside and that it's safe for me to go to the bathroom. She just wants to steal my side of the bed. She think's she is so funny.

Photobucket

This is where she sleeps every night. Actually, she has a tendency to sleep above my head in a semi-circle around my head. She loves the pillows ;) Gizmo is a 90 pound dog, but will not sleep anywhere but in the bed with mommy and daddy...and we wouldn't have it any other way.

1 comments:

The Langham's said...

She is too cute! I love big dogs. The bigger the better. I know she is a special part of your family. Our lab is our child too.

Archive