Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Off to Hawaii...

Yesterday I had to go to Tuscaloosa after work to do some recruiting of college students looking for internships or full time positions. We had such a great time! I love UA's recruiting group! Anyway, moving on to the point of today's post....I got an email while there that I checked on my phone and I didn't have a lot of time to read it, but it was from Justin and it looked like an itinerary. Sure enough, it was our flight schedule for our honeymoon! Justin booked our flights last night and I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited to go to Hawaii!


Justin and I played with the idea of going to several different honeymoon locations. We thought about Fiji, Tahiti, a Mediterranean cruise to see Rome and Greece, but we ended up choosing Hawaii. There's a million things to do on all of the islands and as outdoorsy as Justin and I are, we really wanted to go there specifically for the hiking and waterfalls and scuba diving and snorkeling and helicopter tours and sea kayaking and zip lining and horseback riding on the beach and volcanoes....I could go on forever doing this! Not to mention it definitely helps us knock Hawaii's highpoint off our list of state highpoints!


Our flight leaves on July 26th at 6:45 am (I know I know...it's super super early, but Justin and I don't mind). We fly to Atlanta from Birmingham and then directly from Atlanta to Honolulu. We're staying in Honolulu for two nights so we can soak up as much as we can from that island and then the remaining 7 nights will be spent in Maui, even though there will be trips to other islands using inter-island flights. We don't leave Hawaii until August 4th at 8:55pm. We travel overnight from Hawaii to Los Angeles, CA, then from LA to Atlanta and finally Atlanta back to Birmingham. Wanna know the best part of all of it????


WE HAVE FIRST CLASS FOR ALL FLIGHTS!!!


It's pretty awesome to have a boyfriend and future father-in-law who travel all the time and are important people to Delta :) There are two flights in particular that I am SO EXCITED about! The first is the flight from Atlanta to Honolulu. This is on a 747, the double-decker planes, and our seats are upstairs!!! It's an awesome plane and both of us are so excited about it!




This is a picture of Delta's 747. We'll be in those windows on the 2nd floor where there are only 24 seats total!!!


Even better than the 747 is the 777. Our flight from Los Angeles to Atlanta is on a 777, which looks no different on the outside than any other plane, but they just upgraded the first class seats in the Delta 777's. Allow me to show you what they look like now:





HECK YEAH BABY!!! Justin and I actually chose to sit on the left side of the plane (right side of this picture) so that we could get a window seat, so technically we'll be in front or behind each other instead of next to each other. These seats lean all the way back into beds!!! You have your own person monitor to watch TV and access to over 40 movies!! The way home will DEFINITELY be a treat :)

Both of our siblings went to Hawaii on their honeymoons and both rave about how great it was. There is just so much stuff to do there! I told Justin to make sure that he gives me at least 3 days of relaxation by the pool/beach at the hotel just so that I don't come home exhausted!



0 comments:

Archive