Monday, January 5, 2009

First Post of 2009!

The entire month of December was just like a dream to me. I blinked, and it was gone! I'm trying to post my pictures from Christmas, but since my incredibly large mutt sat on my computer and broke the screen, I no longer have access to the pictures. Justin is currently trying to take out the hard drive and put it in another laptop to recover all my stuff. Needless to say, my Gateway has passed away. As soon as I can get some of the Christmas pics I'll put them up!


We just recently got back in town from Gatlinburg for New Years. Justin and I, along with our friends Trevor and Tiffany, got a cabin in the mountains and relaxed for 4 days. Well, I use the word "relaxed" very loosely. Naturally, Justin and I did a lot of hiking. Trevor and Tiff even joined us for one of our hikes, but they preferred to stay at the cabin until we got back on the other hikes. We pulled into Gatlinburg on New Year's Eve and went downtown to see the ball drop from the space needle. I've posted a few pics of our Gatlinburg trip, but there are so many more. To see all the pics, see my myspace or facebook profile.




This is Justin and I at our cabin right before going to eat dinner downtown on NYE

We had dinner at Park Grill downtown. There was over a 2 hour wait!!!


Me and Justin at Park Grill



Welcoming 2009 to our lives!!! This will be a good year for us :)

The next day all four of us did a 5 mile round trip hike to Chimney Tops. It was BEAUTIFUL at the top when we got there. The hike wasn't too bad either. It was a little steep at times, but we've definitely done way worse climbs.


Me at the top of Chimney Tops



The view!!


Me and Justin at the top. There was a slight bit of rock climbing involved to get here. We wanted to go further, but if we had fallen, we would have fallen over 2000 feet, so we decided against it.




Some of you may even remember that this is where Justin and I took our first trip together. This is a pic of us in the exact spot where we had a picture taken of us 7 months ago. Times flies when you're having fun :)



Justin and I went solo the next day to Mingo Falls on the North Carolina side of the park. It was gorgeous!! It completely looked like it didn't belong in TN! The waterfall is just as huge in person as it looks in the pictures.




Justin and I enjoying Mingo Falls!



The next night we decided to go into Pigeon Forge and go to this interesting looking building. We didn't quite know what to expect, but we had A BLAST!!!! We felt like little kids on their first trip to Six Flags. It was great!

All four of our favorites rides was this little number that I happened to take a video of Tiffany and Trevor doing. The lady told us that the ride went upside down and we thought she was joking. It looks like a big bicycle, so we had no idea that it was actually going to go upside down. We were just told to pedal when the thing is going forward. Justin and I went upside down the very first loop and it completely took us both by surprise. We rode it twice because it was so fabulous!!






Like I said, I have way more pictures, but I don't have time to post them. It is officially the start of my busy season, so my time now belongs to BMSS and my clients. January won't be so bad, but February through April will see plenty of Saturdays and 12 hour days :) Maybe I'll blink again and it will be my birthday.....

0 comments:

Archive