Sunday, January 11, 2009

Twilight Series = Phenomenal!

So I am FINALLY done reading all four of the Stephanie Meyer books. For those of you who don't know, I have been in a two week obsession with these books. They've been all I've thought about since my trip to New Hampshire.


Twilight - 498 Pages
New Moon - 563 Pages
Eclipse - 629 Pages
Breaking Dawn - 754 Pages
When Justin and his sister and brother in law and I went were flying to go on our hiking trip on December 20th, we got delayed in New York. While waiting in the airport, I wanted something to do, so I wandered into a bookstore. When I saw the book Twilight, I had a debate in my head. I really wanted to see what all the fuss was about. I have tons of friends that have read these books and the movie was a hit when it came out so I was very curious, but on the other hand, I'm not really a "dark" person and reading about vampires was not something I was really all that interested in. In the end, my boredom won me over and I bought the book. I was finished with Twilight by the time we flew back to Birmingham. In fact, our connecting flight back to Birmingham went through New York again. I passed another bookstore and the second book, New Moon, was on display. I immediately bought that one and started reading it.



All in all, I read close to 2,500 pages from December 20th up til last night, when I read the last words of the final book, Breaking Dawn. These books are absolutely amazing! What pulled me in every time to read the next book was the unbelievable love story that was present. If you've seen the movie, you still have no idea what I'm talking about because they didn't portray it the way the book did. The movie was fabulous, don't get me wrong, but a movie can only be so long and there was no way it could show some of the things that the book showed. When watching the movie, you can tell that the love between Edward and Bella is very strong, but when you read the book, you feel so much more. It's not just strong, it's unbreakable. They are soulmates. You can't really tell that from the movie.


Anyway, the second book, New Moon, will also make it to film and is coming out in November 2009. I'm not sure how interested I am in seeing the second movie. I'm sure I'll see it regardless, but I have to admit, the second book was not my favorite. SPOILER ALERT!!!! Edward disappears in the very beginning of the book and doesn't resurface until the very end. Essentially the entire book is Edwardless :( But the end makes up for it!


No one is happier that I am done reading this series than Justin is. My poor boyfriend. He usually makes some smart remarks by calling me a dork or something playful like that because I've been doing nothing but read for the past two and a half weeks. I didn't realize that he was seriously upset until we went to lunch one day where he told me that he wanted his girlfriend back and that he was upset that I wasn't paying any attention to him anymore. He looked heartbroken and I felt horrible so I stopped reading in front of him. I usually would wait until I had some downtime at work or I would wake up super early and read before he got up. I was able to get over 1/4 of the 750 pages of the final book read last night because Justin went to a bachelor party. Needless to say, I'm also glad that I'm done. My busy season has officially started and I won't have a whole lot of free time to read in the coming months.


Seriously, if you're bored and have nothing to do, read these books. They truly are amazing novels and all four are New York Times #1 Bestsellers. I am not a reader, AT ALL! The only books I read tend to be religious oriented or devotionals. Obviously I kinda went the other way on this one....reading about vampires and all :) What I'm trying to say is that if I can get hooked and read a book front to back without putting it down, anyone can!
I leave you with the trailer to the movie:



0 comments:

Archive