Tuesday, August 19, 2008

So much to do...so little time

There is so much going on with me right now! Every single time I look at my calendar for the rest of the year I have to take a deep breath. I literally have something going on almost every weekend until after New Years. How sad is that? Most importantly though, I AM MOVING HOME TOMORROW!!! I am so unbelievably excited. I have one last talk with HR at 3:30 and then I'm going home to put everything in my car and drive back down south! I'm leaving my furniture and other "big" things in my apartment until the lease is up on November 30th. I've got a few trips planned to come back to Nashville, so it would be nice to have a bed to sleep in and a free place to stay.


The following Monday, my mother is having a "Welcome Home" dinner for me as well as her and Mike. I say her and Mike because even though I am permanently moving back to Birmingham, they are moving into their new house that Mike just got done building the weekend before, so it's really a "Welcome Home" for all of us. All of my mothers children are desperately praying that this is the last house they will live in. My mother and Mike got married on 3-2-01 and have lived in 6 houses since then. Mike's a builder in Alabama so its convenient for them (and for me when I build my house).

I will start my new job that Wednesday. The next weekend is labor day and is the only weekend that we don't have something huge planned, which is strange because it's a holiday weekend when most people plan things. My dirty sanchez will be turning 25 on the 29th (HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARINA!!). Football season kicks off on the 30th. BAMA is playing Clemson and Auburn is playing Louisiana Monroe. More than likely, there will be a rather large party at the house. Naturally, I will be the only BAMA fan there...but I don't care. We're planning on cooking for everyone and playing "washers", a rather dumb yet amusing game, that Auburn people play a lot. We might go to the pool or do something small on Labor Day, but I doubt we'll be traveling anywhere.

The next weekend is BAMA vs. Tulane and Auburn vs. Southern Miss. Justin asked me to go with him to Auburn to actually go to the game. He already wants me to go to the Auburn vs. Vandy game in Nashville with him and now he wants me to actually go into the Lion's Den. He might be pushing it...but I guess I'll do it since he's so good to me and has done numerous other things for me such as helping me move up three flights of stairs with no help from anyone else :) At some point I will have to buy the "House Divided" car tag...


The next weekend is going to be MY FAVORITE WEEKEND!!! My entire family is going to the beach. My step-dad rented an 8br/6ba house on the beach with a pool for the week. Unfortunately for me and Justin, we can't come until Thursday when everyone else is coming on Wednesday. The last time we were all together like this was probably Christmas. It will be my mom and Mike, Lindsey and Jeff with Anderson and Lydia, Jennifer and Jeff, Susan and Todd, Mike's nephew Shaun and his family, and me and Justin. Justin is actually going to be flying into Pensacola on Thursday (hopefully...this is still in the works right now). I'll be leaving after work on Thursday to drive to FL's highpoint (since Justin's already done it). From the highpoint, I will pick Justin up at the airport and then go meet the family late Thursday night. That's still leaves us 2 1/2 days at a private beach so that makes me happy :)

I could do this for every weekend till Christmas but that would make for a really long blog entry and I need to get back to work. (I needed a brief break from auditing benefit plans for a just a minute).

CAN'T WAIT TIL TOMORROW!!!!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

YAY for Marcie moving back!! Can't wait to hang out :)

Archive