Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Garrett - 3 Months

January2

January1

Diapers

We’re up to size 2’s now.  We moved to size 2 about halfway through the month I think.

 IMG_8701

Shoe Size

He doesn’t wear shoes yet so I have no idea!

 IMG_8710

Clothes

Mostly 3 month clothes now.  He’s totally outgrown newborn and I’ve already sold most of those clothes.  Some of the clothes he wears now is 3-6 months, but they’re a little baggy.  He also wears some Circo 6 month clothes, but that brand runs super small.  Carter was much smaller than Garrett is and he was also wearing those Circo 6 month clothes around 4 months too.

IMG_8766

Feeding

Garrett feeds great!!  He nurses most of the time, but sometimes he has a breastmilk bottle (just depends on where we are and what we’re doing).  He does get one formula bottle and it’s the one around 10:30pm.  Formula fills them up more than breastmilk, so we do this to help him sleep through the night.  I also made my first deposit at the Milk Bank of Alabama.  It was a whopping 264 ounces!!!   I counted and thought it was 251 ounces, but the milk bank emailed me and told me it was 264.   I still have to get a blood test before they can start processing and giving my milk to NICU’s.  I can’t have the blood test until about March 2nd because I had a blood transfusion after G’s birth and they won’t allow a blood test until 4 months after a transfusion.  Until then, they will store my milk for me since I’m running out of room!

IMG_8871

Schedule

Still doing well off a schedule.  The great thing about Garrett is that he thrives off of anything!  He does great when we’re at home all day and he abides by his schedule, but he’s also ok when we have to get out and about and is thrown off his schedule.  He’s really good at falling asleep in the stroller so that makes hauling him around to run errands very easy.  He also falls asleep almost immediately when a car starts moving.  Such a great baby!

IMG_8797

Sleep

For the first couple of weeks of this month, Garrett was getting his dreamfeed sometime between 9-11pm, then he would wake up around 3 or 4am.  I was ready to be able to sleep better so I started sleep training.  When he woke up I would go up there and give him a paci and then he’d fall back asleep for a couple of hours.  The time that he wakes up got pushed back further and further and now, for the past two weeks, Garrett gets the dreamfeed between 10pm-11pm and he sleeps until after 7. Just the other day I had to wake him up at 8:15!!   It’s kind of funny, because sometimes Carter shockingly wakes up before Garrett!!! 

 IMG_8852

Waketime

I’m definitely not using Baby Einstein as much as I did with Carter.  Maybe it’s because Garrett is satisfied with other things when Carter wasn’t.  His favorite thing right now is the music mat.  There’s a mirror that hangs over his head and he just smiles so big and laughs when he sees himself.  He also plays on the ocean mat that we have, swings in the mamaroo (Carter never really liked the mamaroo so I’m glad we’re getting some use out of it this time around), and he also sits in his bouncy seat while mommy takes showers!  He’s just content wherever he is…it’s amazing!!

IMG_8912

Mother’s Day Out

I actually just turned in Garrett’s registration forms for school.  Carter will go to 3K starting in September and 3K is three days a week instead of two days (like Mother’s Day Out).   The plan was for Carter to go to school Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and for Garrett to go to school Tuesday and Thursday.  This year they started a 3rd day for Mother’s Day Out at an extra charge.  I told Justin that if I had to go up to the church three days for Carter that we may as well put Garrett in on Fridays too.  So we’re paying a little more for Garrett to go three days a week like Carter will.  Both kids will do the Summer Fun program that starts in June.  It lasts four weeks and is three days a week from 9-1pm.  Nice off time for mommy :)

 IMG_8936

Justin’s Travel

Justin is out of town this week, but he’s been in town since Christmas!  It’s been nice to finally have an extra pair of adult hands around the house helping out.  He only goes out of town one week in February too!!

 IMG_8816

**How hilarious is this picture?!?!? **

Statistics

Garrett’s next appointment is his 4 month appointment so I don’t have official stats, but I measured him at 24 inches and he weights 14 pounds, 14 ounces.  Based on a chart I saw online, this puts him in the 60% for height and 80% for weight. 

 IMG_8951

Abilities

He’s doing spectacular at tummy time!  He can hold his head up for super long periods of time.  He is also starting to touch toys, but he can’t really grasp them just yet.  He’s also starting to figure out how to suck his fingers.  He may end up being a thumb sucker like his brother!  He’s already rolled from tummy to back, but I can tell he’s working on rolling from back to tummy.  When I put him on his tummy, he frequently rolls onto his side but he just can’t get that bottom arm to move so the he can roll to his tummy, so he ends up falling back on his back.  This is what Carter did a lot before he finally started rolling over.  I think he was almost 4 months when he rolled from back to tummy, but he did it very early.  Our pediatrician told us that this particular move doesn’t happen until roughly 6 months, so Carter was WAY ahead of the game.

 IMG_8956

**Tubby’s face didn’t even fit through this hole!!!  In his defense, that hole is TINY!!!  It was a cutout at the Birmingham Zoo.**

Teething

Definitely not there yet, but he has been sucking on his hands a lot though!!

 IMG_8961

**This was our first golfcart ride with Garrett.  He wasn’t a fan, but I think it was because the sun was in his eyes most of the time.**

Discipline

Again, definitely not there yet!

FullSizeRender

Other Notable Things

Likes

  • Sleeping
  • Car rides
  • Watching brother and the dog walk around and do things
  • Being held by momma (he prefers to be held upwards so he can look over your shoulder.  He’s not a fan of being held like a baby).
  • Lights and ceiling fans-this probably won’t change for a while
  • Seeing himself in a mirror
  • When you shake his chest back and forth.  It’s when he laughs!  He also laughs when you rub underneath his chin (of course you have to move around that double chin to get to it!!)

Dislikes

  • Being put in the carseat.  He is fine once he’s in the car and moving, but he’s not a fan of the “strapping in” process.

How Mama Is Doing

I’m now about 3lbs below my pre-pregnancy weight.  I’ll probably take this section off for the next post now that I’m all healed up and have lost the weight.  I’m still working on tightening up those muscles though.  Lots of ab exercises in my life right now.  I’m typically doing a P90x 3 days a week and Pure Barre 1 or 2 times a week.

1 comments:

Joy said...

He is such a little cutie!!!

Archive