Monday, April 8, 2013

Weekend Fun

This weekend was BEAUTIFUL in Alabama.  Temps were mid 70’s and the sun was shining all weekend!  Justin turned 31 on Saturday.  We didn’t have any big plans though.  We went to dinner just the three of us at a mexican restaurant by our house.

photo7

This is kind of an awful picture but she’ll do.  There must have been a fingerprint on the front of my camera on my phone because this picture turned out fuzzy.  Justin didn’t ask for anything for his birthday and it always falls in my busy season which is a big inconvenience because I’m always too tired to do anything or plan anything special.  This year, I got him a gas tank cover for his jeep that he was wanting and I also framed our certificates for summiting Kilimanjaro.  He’s been asking me to do this for TWO years now.  So I finally did it.

photo3

We already have a big canvas of a picture of us at the top of the mountain hung up in a room in our house and these will go on both sides of the canvas.  The only thing I’m waiting on for the “Africa” wall in our house to be done is something to bolt to the wall to hold the spear that Justin got from the Maasai tribe.  Hopefully it won’t be another two years for that.

photo6

I played with little man a bit before it was bedtime.  Sorry the picture is fuzzy again.  This is when I realized that there was a fingerprint on the camera.

photo5photo4

That face on the left cracks me up.  It was like he was saying “MOMMY!!!  Open this fridge and give me a yogurt”.  But mommy didn’t let him have his way on that one.  I said, “no Carter, it’s night night time”.  That’s when he ran into our bedroom and jumped onto his toy car as if to say “Wrong mommy.  NOT night night time”.  God love him.

Sunday we went to church and then came home and had a nap.  Once he woke up we took a trip to BuyBuy Baby because he needs some new pajamas.  Most of his 12 month ones are getting snug so it’s time to jump into some 18 month ones.  I saw these overalls and just HAD to buy.  Carter LOVES Elmo.  He looked at the outfit and said “Eeeeemo!”.

photo2

It’s spring time!  Time to pack up the jeans and pants and get out some short and overalls!  I just love overalls and little boys.  They’re so cute!  Carter is loving being outside now that the weather is fabulous.  He just wants to walk around all day outside.  However, now that it’s hot outside and he’s wearing shorts, we’re getting some scrapped up knees and arms from falling.  Carter had his first bloody nose this weekend.  He was walking (too fast-I tried to get him to slow down but got to him too late) and took a spill and hit the driveway floor.  He cried, but I didn’t see any blood then.  We came inside and I put him on the floor to play and he played happily.  He went into the living room for a bit and then came back into the kitchen and that’s when I saw the blood.  He was fine though.  I guess he didn’t realize he was bleeding. 

photo photo1      

We went to the park in our neighborhood and played on the swings.  He loves to swing!  And he was also loving those Honey Nut Cheerios too!

We had a great weekend though.  I did have to work on Saturday for a couple of hours and I know I’ll have to work again this Saturday for probably longer than I did last Saturday, but it’s almost over y’all.  Today is April 8th.  Only 7 more days.  One week.  This Friday will even be my very last Friday to work.  Starting next week, I’m only working 34 hours a week and will have every Friday off.  SOOOOOOOOO excited!!!!

4 comments:

Kate @ Daffodils said...

Looks like a perfect weekend. I am jealous of your warm weather~!

Brenna Langham said...

Jealous of your every Friday off, but I guess I get my off days, too...just in a clump!

henning love said...

happy belated birthday to your husband. having mexican food sounds like a great way to celebrate turning 31. carter looks like he is laughing the warmer temps and plenty of sun for sure!

Fiona said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend. So glad you are getting some warm weather to enjoy!! Looks like Carter is loving it! :) How awesome that you climbed Mount Kilimanjaro.. I would love to someday!

Archive