Sunday, October 16, 2011

My Big Fat Belly - 30 Weeks

I can’t believe I’m 30 weeks pregnant…well, I’m actually a couple of days away from 30 weeks but I know I won’t have time to do a post during the week this week so it was today or never :)

I’m a mere 10 weeks away from having our son.  Possibly even less.  That is unbelievable to me.  It really feels like I just got pregnant yesterday!!  So much is about to start happening.  Our 4D ultrasound is on Friday.  I can’t even vocalize how excited I am about it.  I haven’t seen Carter since we found out he was a boy at 18 weeks.  I’m dying to know so many things!  Is he really 3lbs. like he should be?  Or is he measuring bigger still?  Is he still in the breech position or has he turned head down (I think he’s turned, but this is my first rodeo so I have no idea)?  Is he around 16 inches like he should be?  What does his sweet face look like?  So many questions…

And then my maternity pictures are Sunday with my sister.  She’s coming up to Birmingham and we’re doing them on the trails in Ross Bridge.  It’s so gorgeous back there and every time I’ve gone, it’s been swarmed with photographers doing photos for families, engagements, maternity, etc.  I’m a little upset that Justin won’t be in them, but as long as he’s present for the newborn photos, I’m good.  Since this is his busy season it was too difficult to nail down a date that both Lindsey was available (this is also her busy season because everyone is taking family photos for Christmas cards now) and that he was available since he usually comes in town on Friday and leaves on Sundays.  So we had to just pick a date and hope for the best, but unfortunately Justin is flying out before our pictures on Sunday, so he can’t be in them.

So now for changes I’ve noticed….

HELLO AGAIN FREQUENT URINATION…it’s been a while.  Mother of all that is holy, I pee every hour.  Momma ain’t getting any sleep these days because I’m up to pee at least 4 to 5 times.  Not to mention the last couple of weeks I’ve been waking up way earlier than normal and haven’t been able to go back to sleep for some reason.  I used to be able to make it through the night and not even have to pee and if I did, it was only once.  Bye bye to those days….because apparently this is my body’s way of preparing me for the lack of sleep that I will soon be experiencing.

Belly button is still tucked away and I actually had dinner with several girls that live on my street (have I mentioned how much I LOVE living in our new neighborhood?) and most of them said their belly buttons never popped at all.  Maybe mine won’t.  We’ll see.  The belly has definitely grown as you can see in the pic below.  I’m still having trouble eating full meals.  My eyes are ALWAYS  bigger than my stomach.  Back pain isn’t too bad, but breathing is.  There were times before where Carter would position himself on my right lung and it would take the breath out of me when he was in that position.  Now, however, he’s so big that I am permanently out of breath. 

I’m still exercising, but I wonder if I’m going to have to start going to a gym to walk on the treadmill instead of walking outside.  I hate that because it’s starting to get cooler outside and I LOVE being in the cold.  But now that he’s so big, anytime I even walk, he’s bouncing up and down on my bladder and I have to pee even more than I normally do.  It’s difficult to walk outside when there’s not a bathroom every half mile :)

IMGP5552

I finally got my hair cut and highlighted by the way.  It was in desperate need!  Also, I’m up to 22 pounds now.  I’ve said it before, but I knew I wouldn’t gain just 25.  I’m more or less expecting between 30-35, but we’ll see how it goes.  As long as I’m not gaining any weight any where else on my body I’m fine, and I don’t think I have.  To me, my face and arms and legs still look the same, but maybe I’m bias.  I know certain areas will get swollen as I get closer to D-Day, but swelling goes down after the baby is born, it’s not actual “weight” I’ll have to lose.

Hope everyone has a fabulous week!!!

2 comments:

A Wedding Story said...

Marcie you look precious! And I love your hair by the way. I've gained 31 lbs and I'm praying in the next few weeks I don't gain anymore...augh! I feel your pain!

Melissa said...

You look so cute preggo! And, yes, I have accepted the fact that TN is going to take a beating this weekend...luckily, I will be in Jamaica and won't have to watch the torture. =)

Archive