Monday, October 24, 2011

4D Ultrasound

Last Friday was my 30 week appointment, but more importantly, my 4D ultrasound.  I’ve been waiting for this since week 18 so that I could see Carter again and the tech herself didn’t disappoint.  She gave me a whopping 34 pictures!  I’ve never gotten that many!!  At our first ultrasound we got 4 pictures, at the second (when we found out it was a boy) we got closer to 12, but 34 is INSANE!!  Carter was not working with us to begin with.  He is a very shy little boy and his hands were covering his face for most of the ultrasound.  This isn’t the first time he has done this either.  During the 2nd ultrasound his hands were crossed directly in front of his face as if to say “I don’t want you to look at me, I’m not ready yet!!”.  Well he pretty much did it again this time.

SCAN0068

See.  I won’t put up all 34 pictures, I’m just going to put up some of my favorites.

h

His arm in front of his face again

SCAN0077

The reason my right rib and lung have been killing me.  He’s kicking the wall of my uterus on the right side and this explains why I am constantly out of breath and uncomfortable on the right side of my body.

SCAN0080

His arm is propping up his head.  I love this picture!

SCAN0093

I don’t know much about ultrasound pictures, but I gotten several comments and messages that this picture is the best 4d picture some people have ever seen.  I’m guessing it’s because you can so clearly see his sweet little face but I’m not really sure, because like I said, I don’t know much about these kinds of pictures.  He has my nose and he has my sisters lips.  Maybe at some point he’ll start looking like his daddy!! 

SCAN0096

This is how cramped he is.  Where it says “face” you  can see the nose and lips (not really sure what the thing right under his face is…looks like a bubble of some sort or just part of the uterus.  His arm is right under his face and you can clearly see his foot.  It amazes me how cramped babies get and they find it completely natural, soothing even!

After the ultrasound we went to my normal 30 week appointment.  My iron is low again so I was told to keep taking my iron supplement.  I was told to take this before, around week 12-ish, but then my iron levels picked back up so I stopped taking the pills.  Apparently that wasn’t smart.  So I’m taking my pills daily now in hopes to bring my levels up.  Everything checked out great at the appointment.  My next appointment is in 3 weeks on November 11th.  Two weeks later I’ll have my 35 week appointment and that’s when they’ll start checking for dilation and thinning out.  I had the conversation with my doc about having Carter before Christmas.

I told him that I really really wanted him here by Christmas and that I didn’t want to be in the hospital.  He was actually on board for this plan (inducing early) as long as I’m progressing.  He said he won’t induce if I’m not dilated, Carter hasn’t dropped, or if I’m not thinned out enough because if we did induce, we’d be skipping the vaginal delivery and hopping straight on the c-section train.  I’m ok with this plan because I REALLY don’t want to do a c-section unless I absolutely have to.  Not that I’m against a c-section.  I’m definitely not one of those women that are so against something that I become a difficult patient.  If Dr. H tells me I need a c-section, your momma’s gonna say “let’s do this, numb me up”.  I trust my doctors and will absolutely do what I’m told is need to be done.   But at the same time, I just wanted him to know that, if at all possible, I really want Carter in his home on Christmas day.

Tomorrow (Tuesday) I’ll be 31 weeks pregnant and 31 weeks marks the beginning of month 8.  I can’t believe I’m that far.  I’m down to single digit number of weeks until he’s here.  Wow!  I have so much still left that needs to be done….

But for now, I’ll watch re-runs of The Vampire Diaries and eat my Reese’s ice cream :)

0 comments:

Archive