Wednesday, October 6, 2010

My Crazy Life

My crazy life isn't getting any better. Though, I do see light at the end of the tunnel. I haven't been blogging much and I'm sorry for that. I hate it too because I do thoroughly enjoy blogging, but I just haven't had time to do it. I've been slammed at work because of 401(k) plan audits. The deadline for those are October 15th so that would be the light I'm seeing at the end of the tunnel. I'm still training for my half-marathon that's on October 30th. This is why I don't blog when I get home, because most days I run after work and am exhausted by the time I get home.

I've been doing awesome in my training. I'm very proud of myself. I've never run as much in my life as I have lately and I honestly didn't think I was capable of doing it, but I ran 11 miles through Mountain Brook the other day. Granted, my knees and shins were hurting badly afterwards, but at least I did it!!! Justin and I were under the impression that the race we're running in Florence, Alabama was relatively flat, but after looking at the elevation chart (not sure why we didn't look at it before), we are slightly nervous. The 13.1 mile race gains 1,200+ feet of elevation. When I did my run in Mountain Brook of 11 miles, it only gained 650...yeah I might die. Prayers welcome.

I'm still teaching dance at church on Wednesday nights, but we're almost done teaching the routine and they will perform at the contemporary service hopefully sometime in October. I got a call last night from the people organizing the Christmas play that they also want me to choreograph the dance section of that and help organize the kids backstage the day of since a lot of the parents of the children want to actually watch the show their kids are in, so now I have more dance in my future...which don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I love those girls and I love everyone that works with that program, it's just another day where I don't get to go home right after work, which makes me kind of sad.

Softball for my firm is still going on. Unfortunately, we have yet to win a game, but man we have a blast playing. Some of my favorite people in our firm are on the softball team and we always have so much fun on Monday nights together, even when the games are at 9:30. Whoever plans a softball game at 9:30 should get shot, just saying. And in our defense, we're not a bad team, it's just that everyone else is ridiculously good. These girls that are on the other teams played in college and high school and stuff and so did the guys. We got the best people at our firm on the team and we're just unfortunately not as good as the crazy professionals that we play. Hopefully we'll win one soon though!

Justin is now on week 12 of being out of town (there were 2 weeks during those 12 where he was in town, but consecutively, this is week 7). He'll be back in town soon though so that's something else I have to look forward to! I've only been seeing him on weekends. Usually he gets back in town on Thursday nights around 11pm (on the last flight from ATL) but leaves again on Sunday after church so I don't get that much time with him, which doesn't usually bother me, but for some reason it is starting to bother me now. This is the longest we've gone without seeing each other (excluding weekends) but he'll be done with all this soon and will go back to working in the office in Birmingham where he goes in at 10 and is home by 2. Jealous.

I'm absolutely loving how cold it is getting in Birmingham!!! It's making my runs so much easier and it also means that its almost time for SMORES!! My favorite winter vice. This weekend my best friend from Tuscaloosa, Carina, is coming in town and spending the night with me on Friday night and we're running the Race for the Cure 5K Saturday morning. I'm so excited for some Marcie and Carina time because I never get to see her.

I think that's about all the updates I can do right now. I'm off to church to wrap up the dance for the kiddos :) I may stop by Moe's...I find that cheese dip helps me choreograph better...

4 comments:

Jenny Strickland said...

So happy to see a post from you!!!

Maybe work will slow down for a little bit after the 15th!

WOW! 11 miles? Thats great! Super happy for you! I doubt I can run a mile... I need to start doing something! Good luck in that Florence race! I will be praying!

Awesome about teaching dance! I was a dancer and I loved it!!!

Softball at 9:30? Seriously?

Being away from Adam is starting to get to me too! It used to not bother me either but now I can't stand it!

I have also loved the cooler weather! Its been so nice!!!

YUMO for SMORES!!!! =)

Have a great week and weekend! And ROLL TIDE!!!!!

Brenna Langham said...

I know exactly how you feel about blogging. I just haven't had the time, and when I have had the time I haven't had the energy.

I hope work does slow down for you. I always enjoy reading your posts. Somehow I always take time to read blogs. Those are my moments of peace before I go to school and after I get home.

Glad all is well!

Unknown said...

Congrats on your longest run! I'm so proud of you and didn't even realize your half was coming up so soon!!! I guess this call for a catch up phone date, whenever you have a spare 15 minutes that is.

Remember that it's okay to say NO to some things.

Miss you mmmmarcie!

A Bride In Boots said...

I request that the next post be dedicated to your "mishap" so I can see better pics of that ankle. Because I really am sorry. I know you're sad after seeing how you were smoking that 5k. Feel better soon!

Archive