Saturday, February 6, 2010

#49 - CHECK!

Taking Anderson to the McWane Center by ourselves was number 49 on my list of 101 things to do in 1,001 days. Since my mom is a sucker for those kids and she lives in Birmingham, there was no chance I would ever be able to take Anderson or Lydia to the McWane Center without her wanting to come. So today, my mother and I took Anderson and Lydia there for the morning. Anderson LOVES the McWane Center. Lydia loves it too, but she's a little too young to understand everything you can do. Pictures will sum it up :)

Photobucket

This is Anderson and I at the shark and sting ray tank. He was afraid to touch them though. And it was weird for me to touch a baby hammerhead considering they're one of the most dangerous types of sharks. Very cool stuff though!

Photobucket

Lydia on the other hand probably would have jumped in the tank and swam with them if we would have let her.

Photobucket

I love this picture of him! He just LOVES fish! He associates Justin and I with the salt water fish tank that we have at our house. Every time I talk to him, he wants to know about the fish and when we're going to get more.

Photobucket

Little man and little girl :)

Photobucket

If there's something Anderson loves more than fish....it's Dinosaurs!! They had a play area with dinosaur bones and it was covered in stones and the kids got little brushes to uncover the bones.

Photobucket

The funny thing was that apparently Lydia thought the brushes were for make up :)

Photobucket

Me and little girl playing in the dinosaur sand box!

Photobucket

Anderson and Lydia were competing for making handprints.

Photobucket

Sweet precious Lydia fell asleep sucking her thumb!!! She is so adorable!

Photobucket

And while at lunch with Justin and our friend Wade, Anderson learned how to cross his eyes. He was cracking Justin and Wade up and he just loves it when people laugh at him, so he kept crossing his eyes OVER AND OVER AND OVER again. It was hilarious!

I'm actually marking a bunch of things off the list this weekend so I'll post some more soon. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!

0 comments:

Archive