Sunday, November 8, 2009

St. Mark Dancers

For about 2 months now, I, along with my sister-in-law Jennifer, have been teaching St. Mark's dance class on Wednesday nights. We had anywhere from 7-10 dancers every week and they have been learning a dance that we choreographed to "Almighty Father". Doing choreography for 3rd-5th graders was definitely a challenge for me because I am use to doing choreography for high school and college dancers. I only took dance for one year when I was their age, so it took me a while to get use to what the technical abilities are for their age range, but I caught on quickly.

I love these girls so much. They are so adorable and they LOVE dance! Sunday was their big performance for "Almighty Father". They performed at the 10:45 traditional service with the adult choir (including Justin's mother, Debbie) singing. I got a video of them doing it and posted it below. Some of the formations are a little off because we had one girl unexpectedly not show up that morning so we had to make do with what we had.





This is Jen and I with the girls right before their performance. They were so nervous!

Next up for us is the Christmas play. Our girls will be dancing to a song called "When the Gifts Come Flowing In", which literally is the song "When the Saints Go Marching In", just with Christmas lyrics. It's much faster and upbeat and more fun to choreograph to. Jen and I actually choreographed the whole thing yesterday and we are so excited to teach it on Wednesday. The Christmas play will be December 6th at night (not real sure about the time yet). Feel free to come join and watch the kiddos sing and dance and act!

Quick prayer request by the way. My in-laws are headed to Russia on Wednesday for about two weeks. Our church sponsors an orphanage in Russia and the Morris' have sponsored their own child from that orphanage. Her name is Anna Kulakova and I think she's 11 or 12 years old. Please pray that they arrive safely and that the FREEZING weather doesn't affect them too much!

1 comments:

Candice Reed Robbins said...

Wow! Three minutes is a long time for them to remember a dance, but they were so cute and looked precious!!! Good job Mrs. Morris!!!

Archive