Wednesday, November 11, 2009

# 23, 43, and 54 - CHECK!

I have some more things to knock off my list of 101 things to do in 1,001 days! Two of them are nothing too big or important. Number 43 was to start helping Justin clean up dog poop in the backyard so that he doesn't have to do it all the time. I've done this a few times. I still don't do it as much as Justin, but I doubt I ever will. I think we've decided that my job is to keep it cleaned up while he's out of town.

Number 54 was to cut the grass for Justin, even if it was only once. Well, I did do it, and I have only done it once. I'm sure I'll do it more now that I know how to use his lawn mower, but if he's in town, he usually just does that :)

Now, on to the BIG one. I have FINALLY gotten my CPA license along with my Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants membership certificate and my AICPA membership certificate framed. Justin wasn't happy about how much it cost, but he doesn't quite understand how much hard work I put into getting certified. The CPA consists of four separate tests, each of which has a book for it that is over 1,000 pages. The tests are for Audit (what I do on a daily basis), Regulation (tax and law), BEC (Economics and general business), and Financial (the hardest of the four - the down and dirty accounting info). These four tests were ten times harder than any test I have ever in my life taken! I studied for a straight year and a half for them. It's really hard to study for a test like that while you are working an average of 50-60 hours a week, any CPA will tell you that.

I was actually in Tampa with Justin when I found out that I had passed the fourth and final portion. He probably thought I was crazy because I was freaking out so much! I became a CPA in May 2008, but didn't get it transferred over into Alabama until November 2008. Since then, these bad boys have been sitting in my office, waiting to shine! Naturally, I took some pics:


These are all three hanging on my office wall.

A little closer up view of the most important one of the three.

0 comments:

Archive