Wednesday, November 18, 2009

# 80 - CHECK!

Ok so number 80 on my list of 101 things to do in 1,001 days was to help build another house for Habitat for Humanity. My firm, Barfield, Murphy, Shank & Smith P.C., teams up with Habitat every year to build a home for a family. The home this year was in Roebuck and we had the best team ever on our day. Every Thursday about 10-15 representatives from the firm go out to the house to help build it. This year I got to build on a day with some of my closest friends at work.

I purposely signed up for two Thursdays ago because it was the day we were suppose to be painting, which I love doing. However, because we were a little behind on the house building, we ended up doing some siding and window seals and molding instead. Nonetheless, it was still so much fun! My firm gives us 3 days a year for volunteer work where we don't have to use PTO. Habitat was one for me and I think my other two will be spent helping out Justin's mom when she feeds the homeless on Fridays. Here's some pics of the day:

To see my blog post on building the Habitat House for last year, click here. I still have some other things to knock off the list, but I'll write about them later. Justin's parents are still in Russia, but they get back on Saturday. I can't wait to see their pictures. Please pray for their safe return!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fun way to give back!

My parents bought their very first house in Roebuck!

Archive