Sunday, December 14, 2008

Bad Blogger - Lots of updates ahead!

I stole my headline from my buddy Lauren because it is applying to me now :) I've had so much going on and I haven't really had time to write about my updates. I've only made two posts in December. One was only a video of my nephew and the other was about Thanksgiving. Is it just me or is December FLYING by??? Anyway, me and several of my friends ran the Jingle Bell Run on December 6, 2008. My firm, BMSS, runs it every year and this year we had the largest team in Birmingham, and the second largest team nationally!!! WOW!!! We also ended up raising the most money for the Arthritis Foundation this year. We were very pleased at how many people donated and took the time to run with us on Saturday, especially since it was FREEZING that day! Here are some pics from the event:




This is everyone that ran with my firms team. There was actually more people than this, but this was all we could find after the run was over.




These are some of my favorite people :)



Me and Justin right before the race started


The girls!


So after the Jingle Bell Run, Justin and I went over to Trevor and Tiffany's to watch the SEC Championship game. Also, Devin had to shave his head. Apparently a long time ago, Trevor and Devin made a bet that whoever lost the AU/GA game, the losing fan had to shave their head. Since Devin is the Auburn fan, he was the one that got buzzed! Of course they didn't do it right when the game happened because Ashley wanted him to wait until after their engagement pictures. Since their engagement pictures were right before the start of the championship game, Devin's head got shaved when the game was over!



Trevor shaving Devin's head on his back porch



The girls watching the game


Soon to be Mr. and Mrs. Lobdell


Fast forward to the next weekend, Tiffany had her Christmas shower and I, along with two other ladies, hosted a reunion for the Hoover High School Buccanettes.



Her mom made this...how adorable!!!

I was in love with her doormat. Tiffany got some EXCELLENT gifts at this shower!!!







The four of us after Tiff opened all her presents!


After Tiffany's shower, I headed to a restaurant in downtown Birmingham called 26. Myself along with Erin Cork Autrey and Jennifer Brooks Robertson hosted a reunion for some of our favorite girls from back in the day. Our Buccanette reunion could have included many many years of several different girls, but we chose to narrow our invite list down to girls that were graduated high school from 2000 - 2002. We called this the "glory years" of our experience of high school dance team and even our coach, Tanya Brock, said that the team was the absolute best it had ever been and would ever be in the future during that time period. We spent literally all of our time together throughout our four years at Hoover and even though we all went our different ways, it was still like old times when we all caught up with each other.



Kristen is now married to Blake Kelley and they have a 5 month old son named Landen. If you live in Alabama and don't know Haleigh Stidham, you must have been under a rock when she took our state into the top 10 at the Miss USA Pageant as Miss Alabama. She is now engaged and is getting married in June 2009.






Jennifer and I both went on to dance in college. She joined Tiger Pause (though now it's Tiger Paws) at Auburn University while I was dancing with the Crimson Cabaret at University of Alabama. Jenn is now married to Jaye and lives at the beach in South Alabama.




Tanya has retired from teaching and is now a stay at home mom with her 3 precious boys. Jennifer, my sister, as you know lives in Tampa and got married to Jeff in September 2007. Vanessa is also married to a man named Scott. Everyone has grown up so much and we are all so different from the way we were in high school, but yet, we've all remained the same :)









We will most certainly be having another reunion again soon. Hopefully next time the people that live out of town and couldn't make it will be able to make it and we can see everyone. Overall, it was a fabulous weekend! Justin jokingly got mad because I literally didn't see him this weekend. Tiff and I went to see The Day The Earth Stood Still on Friday night and then Saturday I had her shower in the afternoon and the reunion at night and on Sunday, my mother and I are going to see the Rockettes. It was my Christmas present to her. Needless to say, I barely got to see my boyfriend this weekend :( But I am SUPER pumped about next weekend!!! Friday is our 8 month anniversary. I cannot believe it has been 8 months! I swear it's like we just started dating! Saturday is our flight to Rhode Island. His sister (who also use to be a Buccanette) and her husband are coming with us now so we'll definitely have a great time! And for those of you that freaked about us climbing the mountain in the "world's worst weather", you can rest at ease. Mrs. Morris has literally forced her son to get a guide to take us up the mountain. So there will be a professional climber with us just in case something goes wrong.

1 comments:

Lindsey Smith said...

Thank God about the guide...tell Justin's mom I heart her, even though I've never met her!!

I'm glad you had the buccanette reunion. It was fun watching all of you girls grow up!

Archive