Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

I know I'm posting these kind of late, but I've been busy the past couple of days. On Thanksgiving day, Justin and I went to his parents house and had an amazing meal!! I think it is hilarious how picky all of us are. I've been made fun of by many family and friends for how picky I am. Justin himself is also picky, but not as picky as I am. However his dad is just as picky as me. Mrs. Morris laughed because no matter what she cooked the three of us wouldn't eat everything cooked. Oh yeah, and I was lucky enough to be able to see my Nashville BFF Lil!!! She was driving to Tuscaloosa to be with her family and stopped through Birmingham just to see me and Justin.



Anyway, after our meal Justin and his dad pulled out their Christmas tree and his mom and I fluffed the tree branches to cover all the holes created from being in a box for a year. After pulling up the tree, Justin was asked to help his dad with his car and then again to set up a sewing machine table for his mom. They really put him to work! While he was setting up the sewing machine, his dad was showing me their pictures from Israel. They went a while back for the second time and they had a blast. Mrs. Morris always makes a photo album for everything and she had already showed me the album for their first trip and she was in the process of making the album of this trip. The things they saw and the places they went made me so jealous. I've always wanted to go over there to tour the birthplace of Jesus and follow his footsteps through Jerusalem. They went to places like the Garden of Gethsemane, where Jesus prayed the famous prayer before the soldiers were led to him by Judas to start the crucifixion process. They also went to the site where Jesus was actually crucified. I think a church has been built there now, but you can go into the basement of the church and put your hands where the cross went and say a prayer. It's some really powerful stuff!!! Hopefully one day Justin and I can take that trip with his parents and the church.

The day after Thanksgiving we went to my mom's house in Chelsea to have yet another Thanksgiving meal. My step-brother Todd and his wife Susan were there along with several of Todd's close friends that he's grown up with. My two favorite people were there....yep, Anderson and Lydia. Obviously mommy and daddy were there too. I feel bad sometimes because I get so excited to see the kids that Lindsey might feel left out. Sorry Linds! Here's some pics from our time at my mom's house:


Me and Sue!! She's so preggers now and it's NOTHING but belly! Little Bastian is due sometime mid-February. Please pray that Susan has a safe delivery. I know that she is very nervous about the actual birth part! And I do not know why she is pointing at my belly....there's nothing in mine....I PROMISE!

This is me and little Lydia. She's at that really fun age where she is smiling all the time and making all kinds of noises. I am willing to bet that this little one will be sitting up on her own before Christmas. I'd put my money on it!

Anderson and Justin were just "chillin" on the back porch. He gave Justin a kiss on the cheek....so adorable!

Me and my momma!!!

Me and Justin

This is actually not on Thanksgiving. This is on Iron Bowl day! Justin and I decided to watch the game in separate houses for obvious reasons! Good thing we did! Plus my mom was watching Anderson and Lydia and so I thought it would be a good opportunity to hang out with them without a lot of people around.

They are so unbelievably precious!!!

Such a sweet little baby!

I got a kiss on the cheek too!

Of course, we're supporting our team!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You are SO picky that I special ordered you chicken fingers for my bridesmaid luncheon.. everyone else was served shrimp and grits. Pickiest eater EVER!

I'm glad yall had a fun thanksgiving weekend!

Justin and Marcie said...

And it was a funny and memorable moment that you will never forget...so really you love me for it!!! Thank God for that, because I would have been starving :)

A Bride In Boots said...

Aww - I got a shoutout! Love all the photos and love that I got to see you!

Archive