Monday, September 1, 2008

I love long weekends...

It has been an EXCELLENT long weekend for Labor day! I started my new job on Wednesday. I haven't done much yet, just filling out a lot of HR paperwork and reading up on my firms policies and procedures. However, I already love it! Everyone at work is so nice and its great to finally have some Alabama and even Auburn fans at work. At my job in Nashville, everyone was either a UT fan or an Ole Miss fan, so this is quite a change for me. I have my own office (another amazing perk since most people in my field have cubes until they make senior manager or partner). The office is less than 10 miles from where I live so it's very convenient.


This weekend was opening weekend for college football, so it was a jam-packed weekend. LSU beat Appalachian State, Auburn beat Louisiana-Monroe, and best of all, BAMA beat Clemson. It was nothing but happy faces around the house this weekend. A bunch of us went tubing again on Sunday and it was an amazing time as always. And on Labor Day, Justin and Rob and I went to Cedar Creek to play golf (well, they played golf and I putted some and drove the cart). On Monday night, Justin and I decided to print off the map of the Vulcan Run 10K and see where it goes. Note to self: next time I run a 10K or more, I will not drive the route....it is very discouraging. This bad boy runs literally all the way through downtown for 6.22 miles. I'm about to have to stop running so much though. Some injuries from dance team in college are starting to sneak back up. I had some pretty bad stress fractures because of dance and they eventually healed, but they're starting to hurt just a little bit when I get to the end of the run. We'll see how it goes. Here are some great pics from the weekend festivities:

This is me and Justin before the games started

This is where all the game watching happened....it's what I like the call "The Man Castle"

And of course, my wonderful nephew and niece supporting the TIDE!

0 comments:

Archive