Wednesday, September 10, 2008

It's been a while

Justin has been out of town all week. He left on Sunday to go to upstate New York for work for a week. I really hate not being in the same place as him. I miss him too much when he's gone for that long. But I have been keeping super busy now that I've gotten my first client in Birmingham. Justin will come back in town on Friday and we're having our date night on Friday. Saturday is game day at the house as usual. Both BAMA and Auburn games are at 6pm but Alabama's isn't televised so we'll be listening to it on the radio.

Oh yeah, and like a very bad Alabama fan, I went to an Auburn game last weekend with Justin. We drove down at 7am and did a little tailgating with his mom and dad before we all walked into the game. This was my first Auburn game to go to and I was shockingly able to hold in my Tide Pride :) However, I do think the Bama Gods were trying to punish me by causing it to pour down rain. I was wearing shorts and a tank top and I got DRENCHED! I have also discovered that I will also be attending the Auburn/UT and Auburn/Vandy games. This may be a little much for me, but I do it for him because of all the things he does for me. Granted, he would never set foot in Bryant Denny with me, but he does so many other things that no one has ever done for me, aka, the three dozen roses he sent to my office in Nashville when he was hiking in the Northeast; all the girls were jealous of me then!

I'm excited about the new contemporary service that I'll be going to starting on October 5th. Our church is starting a brand new contemporary service called The Hillside and I am super pumped about it! There's also a Beth Moore bible study that they are doing right now that I am interested in. Beth Moore is one of my favorite authors. My daily devotional that I'm doing right now is written by her. It's about the Life of David. Justin's mom is doing the Beth Moore class so I'm thinking about doing it too, but might wait until this one is over since it already started and join the next one. I'm just ready to get back into a contemporary service. I LOVE my contemporary christian music. It really lifts me up a lot more than traditional hymnals.

I went to Tuscaloosa on Sunday and went to church with my sister and Jeff. I took Anderson to get a Happy Meal after church while Lindsey and Jeff set up for their Bible Study sign ups. I kept asking Anderson "Who's your favorite aunt?" He will now say "Maaaaacccccccie, of course". Not real sure where the "of course" came from. Initially when I asked that he would say Gigi (my mom) or Pop (my step-dad). He got it right after a while though. Lindsey said all weekend he would talk about me coming over on Sunday. That kid truly lights up my life :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

They all look like great books! You will have to let me barrow one of his books!

Justin and Marcie said...

Lauren you put this comment under the wrong entry!!!!

Archive