Friday, October 10, 2014

My Big Fat Belly 2.0 - 37 Weeks - FULL TERM!

How far along:  37 Weeks

Symptoms:  Those basic “lightning pains” I discussed last week are still an issue and I assume that they will be ongoing until Garrett’s here.  The best way to describe them is that they’re worse than menstrual cramps, but don’t quite feel like contractions.  But then again, I have no idea what a contraction feels like since I was induced with Carter and was on pain meds basically the entire time.  I know that it’s completely possible to have early stage of labor contractions and not feel them, so maybe that’s what I’m feeling, but there’s just no pattern to them yet.  That’s about it.  No back pains, no miserable aches or comfortableness.  I’m honestly feeling pretty good!

Labor Progress (Dilation and Effacement):   Had my 37 week appointment today and the doc said that Garrett has definitely dropped and I am 1cm dilated.  At this point with Carter I was 1cm and stayed that way for 3 weeks.  Today, the doctor said “it could be tonight or 3 weeks from now” and I was like “yeah I’ve heard that before!!”.  The difference between these pregnancies at this point, however, is that Garrett has dropped into my pelvis and Carter never did that.  When they drop, it puts more pressure on the uterus and the pelvic region and can cause you to dilate faster.  So maybe it won’t be like it was with Carter, but only time will tell.  As soon as I told Justin he was like “freaking pack your hospital bag!”.  So that’s on my to-do list for today.

Maternity Clothes:   Pretty much all maternity clothes.  Some workout pants and a few t-shirts aren’t maternity, but that’s about it.

Weight Gain:   Up 30  pounds.  Doing much better than I was with Carter at this point.  I’m still about 3-4 pounds less than I was with him at 37 weeks. 

Sleep:  Still sleeping pretty well to be honest.  Usually wake up once a night to pee but that’s it.  Cannot believe I’m sleeping this well this far into the game! 

Belly Button:  Still a teeny tiny outtie, but not much at all.  More flat than anything else.

Stretch Marks:  None.

Cravings/Aversions:   Lately it’s looking like Garrett loves a Krispy Kreme donut.  I can’t get enough of them.  But I do my best to make those indulgences sporadic.

Exercise Routine:  This is where I’m starting to slack off for sure.  I still was able to get 4 days this week, but only 1 was pure barre, the other 3 was walking 3 miles around the neighborhood.  Before, I needed no motivation to get up to workout but now I do.  I have to convince myself to do something which is unusual for me.  I’m just really tired now.  Plus I am also trying to convince myself to spend my free time resting on the couch because I know that it will be a long time before I get to do that again!

Baby Size:  At 37 weeks, baby is the size of a Winter Melon.  Again, no idea what that is.  I think the Bump website is stretching for fruits and veggies to compare to.  Anyway, he’s roughly 6 1/2 pounds now and about 19-20 inches. 

Movement:   I still feel him move around in there, but he is running out of room so he doesn’t do it all that often.  I am using the fetal doppler a little more these days just to check on him since he doesn’t move as much.  But this is normal at this stage so I’m not worried.

Swelling and/or Signs of Labor:  Still noticing swelling in my fingers every now and again, but not consistently.  Just depends on the day.  Still wearing my rings though.  No swelling in feet or ankles.

Gender:  I am the queen in my house of boys!

Appointments and Such:   37 week appointment was today.  See above for everything that was said.  I did find out the results to my Group B Strep Test, which were negative.  YAY!  My next appointment is next Friday at 8:45am.  Doc said that if contractions begin to be 5-7 minutes apart within an hour to come in.  And also if my water breaks to come in, which is a given.  I’ve never had to worry about timing contractions before so I downloaded a timing app to my phone so that I could do it wherever I was.  Now I just need to be sure that what I’m feeling is contractions :/

Nursery Developments:   We unfortunately haven’t done much to the nursery since last week, but Justin is off work Monday through Wednesday so I imagine we will finish it one of those days. 

Bump Pic for Week 37:

37 Weeks 2 

**Excuse the foot hanging out beneath the belly…Carter decided to make an appearance :)

0 comments:

Archive