Saturday, July 21, 2012

Sunday School Party

Last Sunday (yes, almost a week ago…I don’t have a lot of free time these days which means my blogging has slacked a bit) our Sunday School class had a little party.  I absolutely LOVE our Sunday School class.  The downside is that I haven’t been in over a month.  The timing of it is right smack in the middle of Carter’s first nap which makes is near impossible for us to go.  Sometimes we’ll take turns going (Justin stays at home and watches Carter while I go and then they’ll come meet me for the normal service, or vice versa) and sometimes neither of us goes.  The only reason I am ready for Carter to drop his morning nap is for the ability to go to Sunday School again.

Anyway, regardless of the fact that we barely go anymore, we still love our class and keep up with what’s being taught in the class through email.  Our class is a new class at St. Mark and the first class of young adults without children (Justin and I kind of broke that rule).  It was created over a year ago and we’ve only had 3 parties: an ice cream social, a Christmas party and the party this past Sunday at the bowling alley.  We need to have more parties!!!

We had so much fun with everyone!  We went to the bowling alley on 280 after church and they were having cosmic bowling going on (thought this only happened at night).  I didn’t take many pics but here’s some that I did take:

IMG_0059

Most of the class.  Left to right:  Amie Smith, Laura Ellis, Jade Sullivan, Stacey and Bryan Wolfe and of course, Justin.

IMG_0060

Girl pic…and horrible pic of me.

IMG_0066

Love my baby daddy…we celebrate 3 years of marriage next week!!

IMG_0068

Stacey and Bryan.  Bryan is a jokester, much like Justin.  Explains why they get along so well :)

IMG_0070

We started just having fun with it trying to figure out the dumbest ways to bowl a ball and Stacey was the only one that let me take a picture of it.  She turned in a bunch of circles and then threw the ball.  It was hilarious!!!  I’m honestly shocked she didn’t fall over!!

We decided as a group that our next outing will be ziplining at the new Red Mountain Park. Justin loves it out there. They have a ton of running trails with great views. Bryan and Stacey have already ziplined (is that a word?) there which is what gave us the idea to do something there. I’m excited. Now we just have to actually plan it.

Debbie and Gordon kept Carter while we were with our class.  After a couple of hours of bowling, we headed to their house to pick him up.  He was in SUCH  a good mood when we got there.  He was in another one of his “will laugh at anything” moods and found that the sound of an empty altoid box hitting the counter was hilarious.  See video below (bad quality, it was on my phone):

He’s my funny baby!

Carter will be 7 months old a week from today.  I don’t know if it’s just me, but the past 3 months have FLOWN by.  Maybe it’s because I’m working full time while raising a child.  I don’t know.  But I just can’t believe he’s already 7 months old!  He is sooooooooooooooo close to crawling y’all!  I think he now knows that in order to do it, he has to use his hands and his feet and he’s tried several ways.  He’s scooted, turned in circles on his stomach and even rolled his way to get to something.  He’s definitely quickly learning how to move without me and Justin having to pick him up (though that is still his favorite method). 

He has done INCREDIBLE on eating his solids.  His favorite by far is fruit.  He likes veggies too though.  He originally hated squash, but he eats it now.  He also hated peas and they still aren’t his favorite and you can tell, but he’ll still eat them.  He loves carrots, green beans, bananas, apples, peaches, pears and sweet potatoes.  The only foods in stage 1 that we haven’t gotten to yet are prunes and those are next.  I think once he’s eaten all the stage 1 foods that are in our pantry now, we’re just going to go ahead and move up to stage 2.  Stage 2 is for babies that sit up with a little bit of support.  Carter is pretty much a master at sitting up so he should probably be on stage 2 foods now, but I’ll wait until we’re done with what we have in the pantry.

Now for the gross part.  With solid foods comes solid poop.  Carter’s bowel movements have completely changed since starting solids.  They are thicker and smellier.  Justin LITERALLY has to wear the gas mask he bought as a joke when I was pregnant.  He also has to light a candle and change the diaper quickly or he’ll throw up.  My husband wasn’t blessed with the ability to be in sight of blood or poop without yaking.  Just goes to show you that us women are the stronger ones.

I haven’t blogged much about Carter this month because not a whole lot has changed from last month other than the introduction to more foods.  My hope is that by 8 months, we will have a crawler on our hands.  We shall see!!

2 comments:

Allison said...

I have a suggestion concerning the prunes. I would recommend that you only feed him half the container of prunes a dat because they will definitely make him poop like crazy or at least that's the effect prunes had on BR. She didn't eat them all that often, even though she liked them a lot, and when she did I always split it between 2 days. Good luck!
Carter is one cute little boy and I love watching the videos and seeing the pictures. We need to get together sometime soon!

Val @ It's Always Sunny in Somerville said...

So funny - I had said that Claire didn't like the carrots, but she's changed her tune too. I guess it's really true that it takes them a few tries before they decide if they like something or not! You're ahead of us on introducing new foods - I need to get on that! :)

Archive