Saturday, March 17, 2012

#30, #31 and #37 - CHECK

Three more things to knock off the list!  Number 30 on my list of 101 things to do in 1,001 days was to lose the pregnancy weight.  11 weeks after Carter was born, I did just that!!!  My goal was always to lose the weight before I went back to work, which I did!!   I gained 36 pounds when I was pregnant.  I was rapidly losing weight after I had Carter up until about January 17th and then I stalled out until February 21st, even gaining a couple of pounds back.  Between February 21st and March 15th I lost the remaining 12 pounds and reached a pound below what I was when I got pregnant!!  Yes, I kept a log. 

Number 31 on my list was to watch Carter laugh on purpose.  He’s been doing this since about a month and a half (6ish weeks old).  I’ve yet to take the time to video him doing it, but I have a favorite picture:

IMGP6388

One of these days I’ll get it on video and post it.  His laugh lights up a room :)

Finally, number 37 on my list was to move Carter to sleeping all of his daytime naps in his crib upstairs.  Again, he’s been doing this since about 6 weeks old (I’m not good at blogging about things when they actually happen).  He was originally sleeping downstairs in his pack n’ play but we needed him to be able to sleep in his crib, so when he was around 4 weeks old (I think), we started doing one nap a day upstairs, but he wasn’t loving that.  I finally decided it was all or nothing so I put him in his crib upstairs for all of his naps, everyday.  It was an adjustment, but after 2 or 3 days, he was taking great naps. 

IMGP6037

0 comments:

Archive