Monday, September 5, 2011

My Big Fat Belly - 24 Weeks

How far along: 24 Weeks

Symptoms:  Still the same as last time.  The back pain, loss of breath at certain times, hurts to bend over, etc.

Maternity Clothes:  Love em’.  But allow me to say that I would NEVER buy maternity jeans from A Pea in a Pod.  I’ve actually gotten a few work clothes from there because they are super cute, but still slightly overpriced, so I haven’t gotten much.  The other day I went to look at jeans….$195.  for jeans.  that I will only wear for 3 months.  Who do you think you are Pea in a Pod???

Weight Gain: At 24 weeks I’m up to 15 pounds.  I had a doctor’s appointment at 22 weeks and 4 days and it was the first time they measured my belly from the outside.  She felt where the top of the uterus was on me (it was a little above my belly button) and measured all the way down.  She said I was right at 22 1/2 weeks in my measurements and that weight gain is right on track.

Baby Size:  This is where it gets difficult, so momma’s out there, let me know what your thoughts are on this issue.  It seems like every single website I go to tells me that I’m in a different month.  The Bump website says that at 24 weeks, I’m still in month 5, but BabyCenter website says it’s the 6th month.  It’s not as simple as multiplying because the first 2 weeks of your 40 week pregnancy, you’re not technically pregnant…so I don’t know.  I also went to random other websites and so many of them say either 5 or 6.  I have a book that breaks out the weeks and it says 6, but for some reason, I’m thinking I’m in my last week of the 5th month.  Either way, here’s the size pic for 6 months because if I’m not in it now, I’m pretty sure I will be next week.

Eggplant - Month 6

Movement:  Still haven’t picked up on a pattern just yet, but his kicks are getting more frequent and more forceful.  I still love it though.  Justin can still feel him and just last night he was kicking like crazy and both of us could actually see my stomach move.  Not like seeing a noticeable body part jump out, but just a slight jump in the skin when he would kick.  It’s so fun to see and feel it!!!

What I’m Looking Forward To:  Getting his room set up!!  The crib is in, but still in boxes.  We’re waiting to set it up until his bedding comes in so that we can put the whole crib together.  The bedding should be in this week.  The rest of the furniture from his room won’t come in until mid-October though.

Last Doctor’s Visit:   My last doctor’s visit was at 22 weeks and 4 days.  Like I said above, it was the first time they measured the stomach and said I was right on track at 22 1/2 weeks and was doing great with weight gain.  Before the doctor came in, the nurse tried to find the heartbeat.  Let’s just say Carter is S-T-U-B-B-O-R-N.  It took her a while to find his heartbeat and then as soon as she found it, he moved.  This happened four times in a row.  She said she’s never seen a baby move that fast and assumes he doesn’t like to be poked and prodded.  Apparently she mentioned it to the doc because when she came in, the first thing she said was “I hear we have a fast little mover on our hands”.  Everything went great at the doctor, I scheduled my next appointment for September 23rd at which time I will be 26 weeks and that will be my appointment where I take my glucose test.  My next appointment will be four weeks after that, which will be the 4D ultrasound and then after that the appointments are every two weeks and then finally every week until Carter is here.  TIME IS FLYING!!

Bump Pic for the Week:

24 Weeks

2 comments:

Jenny Strickland said...

You look great! Such a cute little bump!

Katie and Cullen said...

You look precious!! I have heard other people say how ridiculously priced maternity clothes are too. Have you been to Target? I've seen lots of cute maternity stuff there before!

Archive