Friday, August 13, 2010

Plan B Wrap-Up

I honestly can't describe how much I loved the book Plan B. More than that, I loved that I was able to get a small group of girls together and do a weekly bible study on it. We shared so much in our studies together and prayed for each other over the course of two months. We all loved it so much that we're wanting to start another study of another book together, but we just haven't hammered out the details of it yet.

It's hard to sum up everything I learned in Plan B. I've made a couple of posts on it (click on "Plan B" under my labels on the right navigation bar), though I will say I had all intentions of writing a post for every time we had a meeting during our study. However, life just kinda got in the way. You'll have to read Plan B for yourself, but the best way I can sum up what it's all about is to give you my favorite quotations in the book from Pete (the author). These are the big things I took away from the study:

  • "You may think you're losing control, but the truth is, you never had control in the first place. The only thing you can control is how to respond to your disappointments and your unexpected obstacles" (Chapter 3)
  • "If we want God's help in our lives, we need to be ready for what He's going to do. We have to be willing to wait for his signal and when He says go, we better go." (Chapter 4)
  • "40% of the things we worry about never happen, 30% are things that happened in the past and can't be changed anyway, 12% are needless concerns about our personal health and 10% are petty, miscellaneous items, so 92% of our worries are pure fog with no substance at all." (Chapter 5)
  • "The remarkable thing about fearing God is that when you fear God, you fear nothing else, whereas if you do not fear God, you fear everything else." (Chapter 5)
  • "What if we viewed our hardships and challenges as opportunities to be the men or women God has created us to be? What would happen if we stopped grabbing for what we're owed and tried to receive each moment with gratitude?" (Chapter 7)
  • "You may be at odds with God right now. You're not happy with the way your life is turning out. You may be praying and pleading with God. But is it possible you don't really want God? Is it possible you just want what you think God can give you?" (Chapter 10)
  • "God does his best work in hopeless situations." (Chapter 11)
  • "While life is uncertain, God is not. While our power is limited, God's is limitless. While our hope may be fragile, God is hope Himself. He still has the whole world in His hands." (Chapter 11)
  • "The question is not CAN you trust God. Of course you can trust God. The question is can you wait? Will you wait for His perfect timing? Will you continue to hope in Him even when His timing seems all off?" (Chapter 12)
  • "Plan B is only Plan B to us. It was always Plan A to God." (Marcie's quote)

These quotes do an excellent job of summing up the book. I seriously recommend this book to everyone, because it doesn't matter if you're currently living in a Plan B situation or not, at some point in your life, something will not go the way you wanted it to. That's when this book can step in and help you regain perspective on things. Go buy it!

2 comments:

Jenny Strickland said...

I have GOT to go buy this book! I think it will help me a great deal with things!

Have a great weekend!

carmen @ life blessons said...

Thanks for sharing...I probably wouldn't have picked it up, but the quotes you shared were so intriguing, I just ordered a copy! Thanks :)

Archive