Sunday, July 18, 2010

Cornhole/Circus Birthday Collage

My friend Allison has been doing some collages on her blog the past several months and I have been meaning to start putting my pictures into collages instead of putting them on the blog individually (it takes longer and longer for my blog to load on a computer the more pictures I put on it). So being able to put several pictures into a collage and upload the collage as one photo kind of helps out with that! Here's my first collage:

Photobucket

Justin and I went to Tuscaloosa on Saturday for Anderson and Lydia's joint Circus themed birthday party. They had a HUGE blowup slide and I was the only adult that I noticed that was sliding down it. I took Anderson down one time and then he said "Let's do that three more times". I don't know how to say no to him, so three more times actually turned into five or six more times. I didn't think Lydia would want to go down the slide because she's so little, but boy she dominated that slide! She kept wanting me to go with her but even went on her own several times. Such a little daredevil!!

After leaving the party, Justin and I headed to meet Trevor and Rob in Helena for a Cornhole tournament. For those of you that don't know what Cornhole is, basically, you throw a bean bag into a hole in a piece of wood. I have no idea what the attraction is. Anyway, it apparently was a huge deal. There were seeds and everything! Sam and Chase and Allison also met us up there (BR in tow of course). We had so much fun even though it was INSANELY hot outside. Justin and Rob ended up being the only ones at the end and even won $40! Tiffany came for a little while when she took a break from studying (which I am SOOOO ready for her to be done with). For the most part, Allison, BR and I hung out watching the boys play in the crazy heat. We all get best wives of the year award ;)

Did anyone else notice that this weekend was Christmas in July on 96.5??? BECAUSE I DID!!! I told Justin I had to listen to the Christmas music all weekend since we'd be in Africa for Christmas this year. Christmas in July is dear to my heart since it was on our wedding weekend last year. I'll never forget having my makeup done while singing along to Mariah Carey's song "All I Want For Christmas Is You". Our one year anniversary is this coming Sunday. Justin and I are so excited to be getting away for the special event. We're heading to New York City Friday morning and have a fun-filled and romantic weekend planned. SO EXCITED!!!!

2 comments:

Brenna Langham said...

Definitely jealous of your trip to New York City! That was the first big trip Colby and I took, so it holds a special place in my heart. I would leave and go back now if I could =)

Jenny Strickland said...

I love playing cornhole! And I so would have been on that slide too!

Where do you make the collages at? I need to do that with the beach pictures!

Archive