Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine’s Day 2013

Even though this is Carter’s 2nd Valentine’s Day, I consider it his first.  Last Valentine’s Day….I’m not gonna lie.  I don’t even remember it.  Carter was about 5 weeks old and we were all still adjusting to being a family of three.  I have no idea what we even did last Valentine’s Day.

Because of that, I consider this his real first Valentine’s Day.  The one where mommy had the time and brain cells to do something for him!

I decided to cut out hearts from pink, red and white card stock and on each heart, I wrote one thing I loved about my wee man.

IMGP8420

Excuse the fact that he looks dazed and confused.  This was right when I walked in the room when he woke up.

IMGP8421

True story.

IMGP8432

A girl in our Sunday School class made him a onesie with a train that was blowing hearts and it was towing another cart with a heart in it.  I thought it was very “boy” but still recognizing Valentine’s Day.

When I woke up and went into the bathroom to take a shower this morning, I found a card Justin had put on my Bible.  Usually he finds these extremely elaborate cards that have the absolute sweetest things written in them.  But this time this card had five words in it.  There was a boy and girl toddler on the front of the card kissing and when you open the card it had five words:  I’m never letting go.  Ever.

I know it sounds like a card you get someone that you’re fighting with or something like that.  I assure you we are having no marital problems ;)  He’s just sweet like that.  The card is covering a topic we discussed in our premarital counseling about no matter what happens down the road in life, keep holding on.  Always.  I thought it was incredible.  And naturally the note he wrote in it was so sweet too.

After I took a shower, I went upstairs to get Carter ready for school and found yet another card.

IMGP8437IMGP8438

Again.  True Statement.  Not about the me being a terrific mom part, because I feel like I never even see my sweet boy anymore.  But more about the “great kids like me don’t just happen to anyone” part.  I love my sweet boy so much and he truly is my favorite blessing from our Lord.

Then I went to work.  I have been working at my client’s office this week though, so I’m not in my office.  Justin sends me flowers on VDay every year and they always go to the office and I usually always have to go pick them up at the end of the day.  A coworker of mine sent me pictures of the flowers and I texted Justin saying that I loved them and him and thanked him for them. 

Several hours later, he called me and said “I think I made a mistake”.  Here’s how the conversation went:

Justin:  “I think I made a mistake”

Marcie:  “Oh Lord, what did you do?”

Justin:  “What did you give up for lent?”

Marcie:  “Chocolate, why?”

Justin: “Oops”

Marcie: “What?”

Justin: “You have another delivery coming to your office today.  This one is from Carterman.  And he told me he wanted to get you an edible arrangement….of chocolate covered strawberries.”

Marcie:  “Guess I’m breaking lent for a day”

IMGP8446

I shared with some coworkers.  You would think eating 12 strawberries would be no big feat, but there are LAYERS upon LAYERS of chocolate on these things and I got full after two.  The rest can wait until Sunday when I’m allowed to eat them.

IMGP8441

Y’all can I just say how extremely grateful I am for my husband.  He is so sweet to think of this!  As soon as I saw the card I wanted to burst in tears.  Not just because he showed his feelings for my abilities as a mom, but for his love for Carter by calling him the best baby ever.  I am so blessed with these two boys…words are just not enough to express that!

IMGP8440

And here’s my pretty flowers from him (and yes, that would be Carter in the background crawling in the dog’s kennel).

IMGP8443

My husband isn’t competitive at all ;)

IMGP8447

Carter got some pink heart shaped marshmallows from his teachers and Ms. Marie (she’s not his teacher but will be in a couple of years, she’s just a good family friend) gave him some Krispy Kreme heart shaped donuts.

IMGP8449

YUMMMMMMMMMM.  I only gave Carter a couple of small bites because it was close to bedtime by the time we got home, but he really liked it.

The only thing I wish I could have gotten was a picture with me and Carter :(  I haven’t had one taken of us in a while.  Work has just taken over my life.  I need to get on that this weekend!  Overall, we had a great Valentine’s Day in our household!!  I hope your family had a blessed Valentine’s Day as well!

4 comments:

Mrs. K said...

It really is the little things, isn't it! Looks like ya'll had a very sweet Valentine's day. =)

Johannah Sirois said...

I'm a new follower! =) Looks like you had a great Valentines, and your little guy is adorable! =)

Stephanie said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Valentine's Day! I love the idea of the hearts on his wall and I REALLY love the newborn picture in that frame over his crib!

Joy said...

Awwww.... what a great Valentine's Day!!! So happy it was full of love and surprises!

Archive