Monday, June 25, 2012

Anderson’s 6th Birthday - #49

Number 49 on my list of 101 things to do in 1,001 days was to take Carter to the McWane Center.  When I added this to the list, I had no intentions of him going this soon.  It was more of something I planned to do in a year or so from now, when he can really enjoy it.  But we were going anyway because my nephew, Anderson, turned 6 on June 22nd and his birthday party was a science themed party and was at the McWane Center.

IMGP7166

My sisters cake person is AMAZING!!!  I definitely plan to use her in the future for Carter’s cakes.

IMGP7167IMGP7174

Mom was feeding Carter during the party.  Notice his super cute shorts.  I bought them the day before this party because I’m trying to find cute shorts instead of my son wearing onesies all the time.  Since he’s going to be 6 months old on Thursday, I was going to get the 6 months size, but they looked really big and he is still wearing some 3 month clothes, so I opted for the 3 month shorts instead.  And they were STILL falling off of him!!! 

But how sweet is my adorable nephew blowing out his candles!?!?!  I remember when he blew out the candle at his very first birthday party.  Time flies!

IMGP7177IMGP7179

I love my family to the moon and back :)

IMGP7182

Anderson with all of his friends.  All these kids came all the way from Tuscaloosa to be with Anderson on his big day.  Such sweet little people!!!

IMGP7181

Anderson is all into Star Wars these days, so I got him some Star Wars Legos.  He loved them!

IMGP7183

Carter has already showed a HUGE interest in animals, particularly animals in the ocean.  He wasn’t even blinking when Justin brought him to the shark tank.  He just stared at the sharks and sting rays swimming around.   Future scuba diver anyone?

IMGP7189

He kinda looks like he wants to dive in with them in this picture.

IMGP7191

This was as we were leaving.  If you’ve been to the McWane Center, you know what I’m talking about, but there’s a HUGE glass case with balls that independently roll through obstacles.  Carter is also very fascinated by things that move so I knew he would be watching intently like he was watching the sharks and sting rays.

IMGP7192IMGP7194IMGP7195IMGP7197

These are some of my favorite pictures of me and him!

IMGP7198

We didn’t even make it out of the parking deck before he was OUT.  Two hours of the McWane Center will do that to a 6 month old!  He’s so stinking sweet!!

1 comments:

Deidra said...

Love reading your blog who made the cake?

Archive