Thursday, November 6, 2008

It's "Secret Trip" time

It is finally time!! The long awaited secret trip is here!!! Well, it will be here tomorrow at least. In case you haven't read previous blogs about the secret trip, my amazingly wonderful and supportive boyfriend has planned a getaway for us this weekend. I have no idea where I am going, even though I was given a few hints. Our flight leaves BHAM around 5ish (he won't tell me the exact time because he knows that I will research which flights leave at what time and their destinations....I'm sneaky like that). I do know that our connecting flight is through Detroit, but that's it. I won't know the final destination until I get to the airport tomorrow.

I need to take just a brief second to gloat upon my significant other. How amazing is it that he would plan a trip like this as a surprise for me? He's paid for everything and I don't have to worry about any costs and he has even planned our "activities" for what we will do when we get to the destination. I have never had anyone treat me so well in my life. Just the other day I was telling Justin about how horrible of a day I was having and when I got home from work, I had beautiful pink roses in a vase waiting for me. He wanted to cheer me up so he got me some roses. I have never felt this way about anyone in my entire life and I really feel like this was God's plan the entire time I have known Justin. He is my life and I really do not know what I would do without his love and support for me. I love you bay!!!

Yes, I know it has been a while since my last post. I have been extremely busy at work the last week so it's been kind of hard to keep up to date. Justin and I ran the Vulcan Run 10K on November 1st. There were over 2000 people running and only close to 1600 people finished the full 6.22 miles. Justin's goal was to do it in just under and hour and my goal was to do it within an hour and 10 minutes. Both of us not only reached our goals, but exceeded them. Justin ran the full 6.22 miles in just 49 minutes and I did it in 1 hour and 1 minute. We were both very proud and very exhausted afterwards.



This is Justin and I right before the race started. My friend Alison from work took the picture. Oh and Alison got engaged the day after this....so CONGRATS to her and Patrick!


This is the two of us after the race. We were both FREEZING!

Later that night we went over to Devin and Ashley's house to hang around the new firepit that Devin had just bought. I was suppose to bring smores but I left them at home, so instead we just hung around outside talking about the past and the future!

Me and Ash trying not to inhale too much smoke


For some reason Devin is never in any pictures. We're going to have to fix that Devin!

And to complete my running total of friends that are currently engaged and getting married in 2009:

1) Carina Sanchez and Jonathan Cash

2) Lindsey Owens and Justin Limbaugh

3) Ashley Daniel and Devin Taylor

4) Tiffany McCurry and Trevor Lobdell

5) Allison Waits and Chase Williamson

6) Ashley Brock and Trey Caldwell

7) Alison Cook and Patrick Cooke

8) Chris Hovanec and Kristi Kasper

I'm telling you....something's in the water....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Justin's so cute! Have FUN on your trip!!

Unknown said...

I'm so proud of you for completing your 10K! What an accomplishment!

CAN'T WAIT to hear all about your secret trip!!!

Archive