Saturday, October 24, 2015

Garrett’s Birthday Party

Yesterday we celebrated Garrett’s first birthday!!!  His actual birthday isn’t until Tuesday, but since Halloween was next weekend we decided to have his birthday party this weekend instead.  We had a great turnout of friends and family!  I am reminded, however, of the reason I despise having birthday parties at my house.  The setup and cleanup is brutal and I feel like I don’t get to talk to people as much since I’m playing host.  First birthday parties are the only ones I have at my house.  Anything after that is always somewhere else.  Carter’s 2nd birthday was at our church with a bouncy house (Garrett’s probably will be the same) and his 3rd birthday was at Jump Zone in Pelham and his 4th birthday coming up in December will be at Let’s Play on Hwy 280. 

Since his birthday is so close to Halloween it was natural to do a Halloween themed party.  I won’t do this every year from here on out, that’s just not fair to the poor kid.  But it made the first party easier.  We took a video of Garrett getting into his cake.  You can see it here.

Here’s a few of my favorite pictures from the party:

IMG_4252

IMG_4158IMG_4159

Aren’t the cakes fabulous?!?!  One of my friends mom did them.  She’s fantastic!

IMG_4170

Hot dog mummies!!  Gotta love some pinterest!

IMG_4122

More pinterest!!  Mummy hand favors!

IMGP1207

IMG_4173

IMG_4232IMG_4233IMG_4235IMGP1211IMGP1216IMGP1221IMGP1230IMGP1252

IMGP1255IMGP1257IMG_4236IMG_4229

On the left:  Garrett was LOVING his gift from Cici and Uncle Jeff.  That picture was taken mid belly laugh!  And on the right:  Best gift ever.  Carter shockingly got 2 gifts at his brother’s birthday party.  One was a firetruck and he has been carrying around with him everywhere.  And the other was this bad boy.  My brother in law ordered a Buick iron on from Ebay and bought Carter a jacket.  He is IN LOVE with this thing!!!

IMG_4181

This was the best I could get of the four of us!

We had so much fun!  I can’t believe he’s just days away from being O-N-E!!!!  Happy birthday sweet boy!!!

1 comments:

Renee said...

Looks like a great party! Nice job, mama! What a fast year, huh?!

Archive