Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Last post as a single woman!!!

OK well technically I was never single, but you get the idea! I'm getting married on Saturday! Tuesday was my last day at work. I took Wednesday through Friday off because I had a bunch of things I had to do before the wedding. Yesterday I went to my mom's house to pick up some items that Debbie (future mother-in-law) thought we should go ahead and have at the church so that we wouldn't forget them later. We also did some last minute altering to my dress. I absolutely LOVE my dress. Everyone that has seen it says it is so me. I'm not an extravagant person so spending a ridiculous amount of money on a wedding dress was never in the cards for me. I like simple, but elegant, contemporary, but timeless. I think my dress meets all those qualities. It was the VERY first dress I tried on so I had to make sure to not look at anymore dresses so that I wouldn't have second thoughts.

Justin and I originally had an agreement to not do wedding gifts. He spent a lot on the honeymoon and I was spending a ton on the wedding so we figured we would just hold off on getting wedding presents for each other so that we wouldn't go totally broke. I was informed two days ago that Justin did not hold up his end of the bargain. He says he got me something and is going to give it to me on the wedding day when we see each other for the first time. I felt so bad and went on and on about how I don't have time now to get him anything and he kept telling me he didn't want anything but he just really wanted to get me whatever it is that he got me. Usually I have a clue about things like this that Justin tries to surprise me with. I truly have NO idea what he could possibly have gotten, but I'm really excited to find out! I have such an awesome future husband!

Today Justin and his mom and I went to the Club to see the room where the rehearsal dinner will be. It's absolutely amazing! Our room is the Vulcan room that overlooks all of Birmingham and happens to be the only room with a door to the balcony to go outside. I'm SO super excited! We also started taking several things up to the church; wreaths, decorations, programs, etc. Justin drove to Pensacola with his mom after leaving the Club so that they could attend his aunts funeral. Gordon (Justin's dad) and Jenn are already in Pensacola. They're all coming home tomorrow afternoon just in time for Justin and I to fit in one more Thirsty Thursday before becoming man and wife ;) I'm trying to convince Justin to go to Ironhorse after the game because a good band is playing that I use to go see in Nashville a lot. We'll see how that turns out though.

Tomorrow my sister, Jennifer, and her husband are flying in from Tampa. I'm picking her up from the airport at 10:30 AM and we're going straight to the nail salon with our mom to do nails and toes. I can't wait to see Jenn! I'm also picking up Justin's tux tomorrow morning. We had some complications at Men's Warehouse with the tux's, but everything is fixed now. I have no idea how people screw something up when it is the reason they are a business in the first place. I'm working overtime trying to get the house clean. Our friend Wade is staying at our house while we are on the honeymoon. I hear too many stories about people getting robbed while they were on their honeymoon so Justin and I wanted Wade to stay there (also because we needed someone to stay with the Giz).

Friday is actually the first day that I don't have errands to run, though I am sure that will change between now and then. Our rehearsal starts at 5:30 and then we're going to The Club afterwards for the dinner. Several of us are going out afterwards for a brief period of time, but none of us want to stay out too late because of how early we have to get up the next morning. The bridesmaid brunch is at my mom's house the next morning. My photographer will be there capturing us all getting makeup and hair done. We're carpooling from my mom's to the church around 1pm and start getting dresses on at the church. Justin and I have decided to see each other ahead of time to make the picture taking process much easier. We'll have our alone time around 2. After that is pictures GALORE and then the wedding starts at 6.

Justin and I are both a little nervous about having so many people staring at us during the ceremony. We will both be very ready to get to the reception at B&A!! Sorry there are no pictures with this post. My next post will have tons of pictures from the wedding and honeymoon I'm sure :) However don't expect to see them until we're back from the honeymoon. I'm definitely not going to be blogging from Hawaii! See you when I'm Mrs. Morris!!!!

3 comments:

The Williamson's said...

I'm so excited for you and Justin!! The wedding is going to be wonderful and you, of course, will look beautiful in your dress. I can't wait to see it! I've heard that it's gorgeous! I know your nervous and anxious, but try to relax and enjoy every moment. It's y'alls day and everything is going to be about you guys! See you guys tonight at the game! This whole weekend is going to be great!!

A Bride In Boots said...

You better not be blogging from Hawaii - you better be in your bunny outfit I gave you! Can't wait to be by your side for the big day - it's going to be perfect!

Lillian

Laura Sue said...

i've been trying to read this post for weeks now! everytime i've tried it says the page doesnt exsist!!

so better late than never --

i hope you're wedding day was absolutely amazing and i KNOW the honeymoon will be everything you both hoped for and MORE! I can't wait to see pictures from everything! AND i wanna know what the gift from Justin was! May God Bless your marriage!!! You've been in my thoughts and prayers for a safe honeymoon!!!
CONGRATS, CONGRATS, CONGRATS!!!

Archive