Wednesday, June 18, 2008

My first blog....

So I figured it was time to jump on the blogging bandwagon! My sister writes an amazing blog that I read pretty much on a daily basis (The Smith Family) and my best friend Lauren just got a blog as well as many other friends of mine, so I guess its about time for me to do it as well. The only thing I can talk about right now is my excitement about going back to Birmingham this weekend. As soon as my flight gets into Bham, Justin and I are going to the Birmingham Barons Thirsty Thursday baseball game. I've never been to one of these yet, so it will be my first time and I am SO excited about it! Then on Friday, Justin and I are going hiking in Fort Payne and Gadsden, AL. I have a slight obsession with waterfalls and have managed to convince Justin to go with me to some awesome waterfalls in the Little River Canyon area in Fort Payne and the Desoto State Park in Gadsden. Here's some scenic views that we'll see on Friday:





After that fun-filled day, Justin and I will be attending my nephew's 2nd birthday party! You may see my name to the right as "Auntie M". Well, that is for my little man. When Anderson was on his way, my sister decided that Auntie M would be my nickname. (It comes from The Wizard of Oz). For those of you that don't know, that little boy is MY LIFE!!! I love that kid more than I could have ever imagined I would. Here's a pic of me and little man:
And after Anderson's party, while we're in the area, Justin and I are going to have lunch with my grandparents and dad. My grandmother makes the MOST FANTASTIC chicken casserole on the planet and those of you that know me best know that I absolutely love it! I will also get to see my favorite Tuscaloosa people for dinner that night! So basically I have a jam packed weekend. I'll post more pics after the weekend is over but I think I'm done now :) Oh and here's a pic of me and the most amazing boyfriend in the world (the "Justin" person I keep referring to). The story of us will go in another blog for another day:


3 comments:

Lindsey Smith said...

Welocome to blog land Auntie M! Anderson can't wait to see you this weekend!

Unknown said...

I love the name of your blog!

Unknown said...

ps you can link to my blog if you want!

Archive